Sunday, July 13, 2008

me want cookie!

One of our friends (one of many) is pregnant and due in August, so I set out to create a little something for her new baby. Since I have been a long time cookie lover, I thought it would be fun to create a baby hat of another cookie fan :)



This hat was knit on size 3 needles, working on a 16in addi Turbo circular and finishing decreases with size 3 DPNs.
The yarn is FrogTree 100% Alpaca sport weight with KnitPicks Essential sock yarn in black for the mouth. Color 309 which I think it a very close match to Mr. Monster.
Sew on googly eyes.

I had a lot of fun figuring out how to make the mouth work on this hat, I also included some small loops on the inside so that if you place your fingers in the loops the hat becomes a puppet.
This was a pretty quick knit and I hope to do a few more in the future, with the amount of babies around here, that won't be a problem :)Hopefully, I will also get a picture of the recipient in his/her hat when they arrive this August.

No comments: